Why the Quality of Professional Cleaning Matters to Your Medical Facility
Quality commercial cleaning is important for any type of business, but when it comes to medical facilities, cleaning is about more than keeping up appearances.
The quality of professional cleaning services directly affects the quality of the care provided and the safety of the environment for employees and patients at the facility.
Medical Facility Cleaning: What’s Affected
What happens in medical facilities affects individual and public health, so it makes sense that these facilities must maintain compliance with strict cleanliness standards.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have established cleaning standards at the national level to minimize and prevent the spread of infection. Here’s how commercial cleaning is involved:
Pathway to Infection
- HVAC maintenance, which may entail duct and vent cleaning, specialized filters and purifiers or other measures to ensure indoor air quality
- Use of green cleaning products to minimize airway-irritating fumes
- Policies and procedures in place to prevent and/or immediately address water leaks, spills, floods, etc.
- Use of proper disinfectants and sanitizers at sufficient intervals to reduce pathogen load on non-sterile surfaces
- Routine terminal cleaning for rooms used for sterile procedures
Bodily Fluid Contact
- Proper technician training and certification for bloodborne pathogen (BBP) handling
- Adherence to protocols for BBP handling and biohazardous waste transport
Medical Cleaning: What’s at Stake
The stakes for failing to maintain these cleaning standards (and those set by state and local public health agencies) are high. If your professional cleaning company does not provide quality cleaning, then:
How MSSI Ensures Quality Medical Facility Cleaning
When you choose Maintenance Service Systems, Inc. (MSSI) for your commercial cleaning company, you choose the quality cleaning services that ensure regulatory compliance and patient and employee safety.
MSSI ensures proper medical facility cleaning by:
- Assigning only BBP-certified technicians to your cleaning crew
- Using green cleaning products
- Adhering to a cleaning schedule and protocols that ensure sanitation and disinfection
- Performing routine and random quality control checks
Our managers are also easy to reach, so in the event that cleaning standards change or any issue arises, you get a quick response and swift resolution.
If you want the best medical facility cleaning services available, contact MSSI today.